HERE’S WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS:
- There are an estimated 45,000 illiterate adults in Brevard County.
- Illiteracy costs: In Florida $167M and nationally $225B in lost business productivity, unrealized tax revenues, social support, and law enforcement.
- The Florida prison system estimates 60% of the incarcerated are functionally illiterate.
- Those that receive literacy instruction are more than 50% less likely to return to prison than those that do not.
- Illiterate parents are much more likely to raise illiterate children. Family literacy matters!
Your donation doesn’t last a day, or a week, or a year, it lasts forever.
Help us reach our goal of $40K by donating TODAY!View 2014 Annual Report
Join us for our Kickoff Breakfast to celebrate National Literacy Month
September 30, 2015
Florida Today Community Room
Email for information: firstname.lastname@example.org